Respiratory Physiologist, Senior + Chief roles:
We are partnering with the HSE to fill Respiratory Physiologist roles at Senior and Chief levels working across acute Hospitals and Chronic Disease hubs. These roles are part of MDT’s providing high quality, integrated, patient focused respiratory services.
Responsibilities will include (dependent upon level of role):
- Conduct a full range of standard non-invasive respiratory diagnostic tests including:
- Spirometry with Reversibility
- Spirometry in OPD/ward setting using portable spirometer
- Lung Volumes by Gas Dilution Method/Lung Volume by Body Plethysmography.
- Diffusing Capacity of the Lungs for Carbon Monoxide (DLCO).
- Tests of respiratory muscle function including Maximum Inspiratory (MIP) and Expiratory Pressures (MEP), and Sniff Nasal Inspiratory Pressure (SNIP) testing.
- Fractional Exhaled Nitric Oxide (FeNo) & Indirect Calorimetry.
- Conduct invasive respiratory diagnostic tests including:
- Skin Allergy Tests.
- Bronchoprovocation challenges.
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing (CPET)
- Hypoxic Challenge.
- Assist in the Sleep Service and the non-invasive ventilation:
- Assess and set up patients for overnight titration studies on nasal Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) therapy.
- Conduct and supervise overnight diagnostic Polysomnography ( Full and Limited Studies)
- Analysis of studies and report preparation
Ensure that a high quality integrated, patient-focused, respiratory service is delivered as part of respiratory MDT’s in both acute hospital settings and in Chronic Disease Hubs.
- A relevant scientific qualification
(as validated by the IICMS / IICMP OR have your application in process for validation by IICMS / IICMP.)
- a minimum of 3 years fulltime relevant post qualification / post internship experience.
About us and what we can offer you:
Duffy Alexander Recruitment recruit for allied health professionals in both the public and private sectors. We have the skills, knowledge, and experience to help you gain the right role in Ireland.
Our experience will ensure we match you to the right role and you receive constant support and advice. We offer you guidance and support throughout the whole recruitment & registration process and we have a strong compliance team ready to help you with all required paperwork from start to finish.
If required, we also assist you with relocation and can guide you clearly through any questions you may have. Relocation is not an easy process, and we will take the time to guide you through it all. From interview preparation to guiding you on where to live in Ireland – we have it covered! If you are interested in finding a job in Ireland or need more information, please apply to me, Seán Gannon and your CV will be responded to shortly.