We are partnering with the HSE to fill a number of Perfusionist / Perfusion Scientist roles at a major acute Hospital in the west of Ireland.
A relocation package is included, these roles are based in Ireland.
- Offer a comprehensive specialist clinical and technical perfusion service during both routine and emergency procedures, as a vital member of the multi-disciplinary team during cardiac surgery.
- Act autonomously within the hospital environment (ward or theatres).
- Maintain infection control within Clinical Perfusion Science and Research.
- Take, delegated responsibility for the delivery of a highly specialist perfusion service, ensuring the service is effective and well co-ordinated.
- Offer and undertake a range of highly specialised perfusion techniques during routine and emergency cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Assess the patient’s relevant medical history, pathology and diagnosis and make appropriate decisions concerning conduct of the procedure.
- Advise clinicians on the suitability of equipment and advise on appropriate course of action.
- Set up, prime and run the cardiopulmonary bypass machine to maintain “life support” for the period of cardiopulmonary bypass according to broad occupational and clinical policies as well as recent scientific evidence seeking advice when necessary.
- Undertake, analyse and interpret arterial/venous blood gases and patient coagulation status.
- Administer drugs including colloid / crystalloid fluids, vasoactive drugs, cardioplegia solution, potassium, anticoagulants, haemostatic drugs, sodium bicarbonate and osmotic diuretics as clinically indicated.
- Monitor a wide range of highly complex and routinely conflicting clinical information on a minute-to-minute basis such as the blood oximetry, cardiac output, systemic vascular resistance, ventilation and anticoagulation whilst monitoring renal status and blood glucose and take appropriate autonomous action.
- Manipulate on a second-to-second basis the patient’s cardiovascular system whilst on cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Determine requirement for, and perform where clinically indicated, haemofiltration and blood transfusion during cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Set up and manage, where appropriate; antegrade/retrograde cerebral perfusion; deep hypothermic circulatory arrest; mechanical support devices; extracorporeal membrane oxygenation; and extracorporeal carbon dioxide removal.
- Ensure quality control, calibration and maintenance of expensive complex medical equipment in Clinical Perfusion and their safe use in compliance with Near-Patient Testing Policies.
- Participate in the running of an intra-aortic balloon counter-pulsation service, ensuring availability of skilled clinical perfusion staff to support less-experienced staff in surgery, cardiology, and intensive care.
- Accredited by the College of Clinical Perfusion of Great Britain and Ireland.
- Relevant Qualification.
AND / OR
- Registered with the College of Clinical Perfusionists of Great Britain and Ireland as a practising Clinical Perfusionist.
For further information on this and other similar opportunities in the Irish Healthcare system, please forward your details to Seán Gannon
About us and what we can offer you:
Duffy Alexander Recruitment recruit for allied health professionals in both the public and private sectors. We have the skills, knowledge, and experience to help you gain a new role in Ireland.
Our experience will ensure we match you to the right role and you receive constant support and advice. We offer you guidance and support throughout the whole recruitment & registration process and we have a strong compliance team ready to help you with all required paperwork from start to finish.
If required, we also assist you with relocation and can guide you clearly through any questions you may have. Relocation is not an easy process, and we will take the time to guide you through it all. From interview preparation to guiding you on where to live in Ireland – we have it covered! If you are interested in finding a job in Ireland or need more information, please apply to me, Seán Gannon and your CV will be responded to shortly.