Want to do a job that makes a real difference to people’s lives? Are you a qualified Occupational Therapist looking for the next move your career. Would you enjoy working with those in marginalised communities? Would the challenge of working multiple projects concurrently, motivate and get the best out of you? If so, we would love to hear from you, please contact us at Duffy Alexander to discuss the role and your career aspirations in more detail.
Skills, competencies and/or knowledge required :
Professional Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrate sufficient clinical knowledge, clinical reasoning skills and evidence based practice to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding of the Occupational Therapy process, the underpinning theory and its application to the role.
- Within practice, demonstrates sound clinical and professional judgement consistent with accepted models of Occupational Therapy practice.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing professional development.
- Demonstrate a willingness to develop IT skills relevant to the role.
Planning and Managing Resources
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and deliver care in an effective and resourceful manner.
- Demonstrate awareness of potential problems and flexibility in prioritising to maintain service standards.
- Demonstrate innovation in working within resource limitations to enhance service delivery.
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative and be appropriately self-directed in a busy working environment.
- Demonstrate effective team skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Demonstrates a willingness to get involved and assist others as appropriate.
- Promotes and participates in a culture of involvement and consultation.
- Demonstrates the ability to react constructively to setbacks, is able to maintain professionalism and manage situations where conflict arises.
Commitment to providing a Quality Service
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of a high-quality, person-centred service.
- Treats all service users with dignity and respect and ensures that welfare of the service user is a key consideration at all times.
- Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability, and an openness to change.
Evaluating Information and Judging Situations
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate information and make effective decisions in relation to service user care.
- Demonstrates the ability to think ahead to the consequences of decisions and considers precedence to ensure consistency.
- Establishes integrity by ensuring that the professional, ethical and safety factors are fully considered in decisions into which they have input.
Communications and Interpersonal Skills
- Display effective communication skills (verbal & written).
- Tailors the communication method and the message to match the needs of the audience.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate and work in partnership with others.
- Is sensitive to issues arising from multiple stakeholders, is patient and understanding.
- Demonstrates good negotiation skills, is assertive as required.
Candidates for appointment must:
- Be registered, or be eligible for registration, on the Occupational Therapists Register maintained by the Occupational Therapists Registration Board at CORU.
- Have the requisite knowledge and ability (including a high standard of suitability and professional ability) for the proper discharge of the duties of the office.
- Provide proof of Statutory Registration on the Occupational Therapists Register maintained by the Occupational Therapists Registration Board at CORU before a contract of employment can be issued.
In additional to the eligibility requirements, we would particularly like to hear from candidates who have experience in any of these areas
- Providing a service to marginalised communities.
- Working in a High Dependency Unit in an Acute setting
- Delivering concurrent, multiple projects.
Please note there is a comprehensive relocation package on offer for candidates applying for this role from outside of Ireland. Please ask us for details.
Why should Duffy Alexander represent you?
Duffy Alexander Recruitment recruit for allied health professionals in both the public and private sectors. We have wealth of skills, knowledge, experience to help you gain a new role in Ireland. No role is the same and no candidate is the same, so we offer a personalised tailored approach offering any advice from your CV, providing interview coaching, and assisting with visa or work permits applications. We have a 100% commitment to offer the best service to our candidates and clients. We also assist you with relocation and can guide you clearly through any questions you may have.