Are you a motivated qualified Medical Social worker looking for the next step in your career? Do you thrive in a mentoring and progressive working environment? Are you the type of person who takes ownership of your personal development. Are you CORU registered?
If the answers are yes to these questions, I would love to hear from you. Please get in touch for a confidential discussion with Orla Donagher AHP recruitment consultant and Interview coach
More information about the organisation
Our client provides post-acute rehabilitation services to patients transferred from acute hospitals with a variety of conditions and rehabilitation needs including post Covid, post elective and trauma orthopaedic surgery, frail older adults, post-acute medical conditions, multiple co-morbidities, post amputee, post neurosurgery and neurological conditions.
More information about the position
To provide a quality social work service to patients of the Hospital as well as their families and carers, working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Competencies and duties
- Identify areas for therapeutic social work.
- Effective and efficient caseload management.
- Provide counselling support to patients and their relatives/carers and assist.
- Carry out assessment of the patient and family/carer. Working with them in goal setting and developing a treatment plan.
- Evaluate information and make effective decisions with regard to service users, their families/carers while working within the hospital’s policies and mission values.
- Demonstrate effective team skills including an understanding of team dynamics and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team .
- Have good self- motivation and self-management skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to get a message across articulately.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate with colleagues and service users and the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate a commitment to assuring high standards and strive for a person and family centred service.
- Have knowledge of and liaise with community and other as appropriate agencies/services.
- Organise community case conferences as appropriate to facilitate care.
- Planning and transfer to community/other services.
- Prior to discharge, check that the necessary referrals have been made to the appropriate agencies.
- Advocate/liaise with outside agencies as appropriate regarding improving services and service delivery for persons served.
- Keep accurate and signed records of all social work interventions.
- Attend meetings and project groups as appropriate to the post.
- Maintain own CPD as required by CORU.
- Ad hoc duties as deemed by the Senior Medical social worker.
- Relevant qualification.
- Must have current registration with CORU or demonstrate evidence of being in CORU process.
- Experience in disability services, rehabilitation or hospital setting.
In additional to an excellent renumeration (HSE rate), this role also offers
- friendly working environment
- training and development
- opportunity to develop new skills
- excellent transport links
- subsidised restaurant
- subsidised pharmacy
- free car parking and bicycle lockers
Why should Duffy Alexander represent you?
Duffy Alexander Recruitment recruit for allied health professionals in both the public and private sectors. We have wealth of skills, knowledge, experience to help you gain a new role in Ireland. No role is the same and no candidate is the same, so we offer a personalised tailored approach offering any advice from your CV, providing interview coaching, and assisting with visa or work permits applications. We have a 100% commitment to offer the best service to our candidates and clients. We also assist you with relocation and can guide you clearly through any questions you may have.